|Winner of the Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover Award for Outstanding Achievement in Deliciousness.|
|Just don't chop the eggs|
Time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, diced
1/2 roma tomato, diced
1 link soyrizo
Tortilla chips, broken
- Sauté the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and tomato in olive oil over medium heat until soft (about 3 minutes).
- In a separate pan, heat up the soyrizo over medium heat.
- Beat the eggs well and add them to the veggies. Cook like you would normal scrambled eggs.
- When the eggs have started to fluff up, add some soyrizo. You don't want to do this when the eggs are still liquid because the entire dish will take on the soyrizo color.
- Once finished cooking, stir in tortilla chips, remove from heat and top with cheese.
In essence, this gives you the world's greatest scrambled eggs with a Mexican flair. The veggies all add their own unique notes to the dish, and the soyrizo serves to perfectly spice it up. As always, the melted cheese is an amazing gooey treat because, well, it's melted cheese. The real star is the tortilla chips that give a much needed crunch. Normally, you would pan fry tortillas then add the fried strips to the meal, but I only had chips, which worked almost as well. Also, it would probably help to add milk or cream to the eggs to make them fluffier so they stand out more.
If you are shallow and want to spare yourself the less than pretty sight of the migas, this combo would definitely make a fantastic breakfast burrito. For a complete meal, just add a potato dish like hash browns.