Red Lentil-Cauliflower Curry
Adapted from The Veganomicon by I. Moskowitz and T. Romero
Time: 60 minutes
|Add faux chicken or seitan for more protein|
3 tbsp peanut oil
1 onion, chopped
2 shallots, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1-2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 1/2 cups red lentils, rinsed
4 cups veggie broth
1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and sliced
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large stockpot.
- Sauté the onion and shallots until tender and translucent (about 7 minutes).
- Stir in the ginger and jalapeno and cook for another minute.
- Mix in the spices and cook for a minute then add the parsnip and stir-fry for a minute.
- Slowly stir in the veggie broth then add in the lentils.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil for one minute.
- Remove the cover and stir then cover again and let simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes until the lentils turn yellow and mushy.
- Add in the cauliflower and mix to coat then simmer covered for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro, lime juice and salt. Let sit covered for 15 minutes then serve over basmati rice.
|Wholesome Sunday family dinner!|