Mardi Gras Snickerdoodles
Modified Heavily from Food.com Sugar Cookies
Servings: 8-12 cookies
Time: 20 minutes
|Amazing sugary batter|
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp butter, melted
3 tbsp milk
Green Food Coloring
Yellow Food Coloring
Purple Food Coloring (2 red + 1 blue)
Green, yellow and purple sugar
|I almost managed to give them enough separation this time!|
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Cream the butter, white and brown sugar together in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Mix in the milk, sour cream and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon (I recommend starting with 1 tsp then tasting the batter and deciding if you want more. I went with the full amount) and blend well.
- Place half tablespoon to full tablespoon sized amounts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-14 minutes or until the cookies start to slightly harden.
- Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for two minutes to crisp up the bottom of the cookies.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Make the three colored frostings by partitioning the remaining ingredients and mixing well with a fork. The final products should not be runny.
- Spread on the frosting in 3 bands on each cookie and let them harden for 15 minutes before eating (or put it in the fridge for a couple of hours to really get the frosting right).
|Sometimes you run out of frosting and one cookie feels sad and left out. It's ok; I found him a good home.|