|The blurriness was likely a result of me eating something actually healthy and not loaded with sugar (perhaps I should consult a doctor)|
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Adapted from Food.com
Servings: 12-15 muffins
Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, unpacked
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
7/8 cup soy milk
1/3 cup applesauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine the milk, applesauce and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add the mashed banana to the wet ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fill lined cupcake tins 2/3 full with batter and bake for 20 minutes.
- Resist the urge to cover them with butter and sugar packed frosting despite the mixed signals the cupcake liners are sending you.
|Can you see the cupcakes calling to me in the top left corner? Fortunately, I kept a calm head and ate muffins for breakfast all week.|
|Alex happily prepares to eat a muffin that's devoid of her lifelong enemy- eggs. (Meanwhile, the boxes present behind her show how great my house is at moving. Only been 3 months!)|