|All the leches may have caused minor droopage and made it slightly less photogenic...|
Would my going off book pay off or would everyone be content to simply go into a meat coma after dinner?
Adapted from Alton Brown
Previously seen in non Amaretto Lime form Here
Servings: 1 9"x13" Cake
Time: 3+ hours (inactive for 2+)
6 3/4 oz cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 oz unsalted butter, room temp
8 oz sugar
5 large eggs
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of 2-3 limes
|Find the lime zest!|
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup half-andphalf
2 cups heavy whipping cream
8 oz sugar
1 tbsp Amaretto
Zest of 3 limes (about 1 tbsp)
Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries and Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly oil and flour a 9"x13" metal baking pan.
- Whisk the cake flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl (note: all measurements are by weight).
- Beat the butter in a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Slowly incorporate the sugar with the butter at low speed.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in the amaretto, lime juice and lime zest.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients at low speed, taking care not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick test comes back clean.
- Poke holes throughout the cake with a fork and let it cool.
- Once cooled, whisk the glaze ingredients together in a bowl and pour it over the cake.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Make the frosting by whisking the whipping cream, sugar, amaretto and lime zest together at medium speed until peaks start to form. Then, ramp it up to high speed until it thickens.
- Spread the whipped cream over the cake and top with berries.
- Realize that the whipping cream really makes this cuatro leches and have your mind blown!
|None of the other guests realized how close they were to not getting dessert as I debated diving in face first like a pie eating contest.|
|I had a sneaking suspicion that this may be packed with leches.|
|I was proven correct. Welcome to tres leches soup! Toucan Sam would be proud.|
|Kevin enjoys a delightfuly refreshing cocktail compliments of Kevin the RA. Now let's hope he knows as much about crock pot cooking as he does about looking super manly.|