Tonight I found myself in a brinner kind of mood, and it was time to try a savory waffle after the previous two Funfetti and Chocolate varieties. Could I find inspiration in the ghosts of Kimchi Pancakes from long ago and deliver a spicy dish worthy of the sriracha name?
Heavily Modified from All Recipes
Servings: 4-6 waffles
Time: 20 minutes
1 egg, beaten
|If it doesn't appear super-saturated with sriracha, then you're not done.|
1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup and 2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 white onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
Sriracha, to taste (but use loads of it)
Turkey sausage patties
Eggs, fried or poached
Cheddar cheese, grated
- Beat the eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, and oil together in a medium bowl until a smooth batter forms.
- Mix in tons of sriracha. Then just when you think you have enough, put at least 25% more.
- Stir in the jalapeno and onion.
- Pour into a preheated waffle iron until crispy and golden ~5 minutes. These are best served fresh for maximum crispness, but you can keep them warm in an oven preheated to 200 F while you work through the batches.
- Top with sausage patties, egg, cheese, black pepper, and additional sriracha.
|Feel free to just roll it up and eat it like street food at this point.|
|Is there any greater satisfaction in life than breaking an egg yolk? Feel the power!|