Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Modified heavily from FatSecret.com
Servings: 15 cookies
Time: 30 minutes (plus cooling)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup chunky peanut butter
16 oz dark chocolate (better quality should be milk free)
|Luckily I only had room for 12 cookies leaving plenty of amazing batter.|
|3 straight tries without seizing!|
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mash the bananas then mix with the sugars and vanilla extract in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment .
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Drop tablespoon sized amounts of batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave on medium power in one minute bursts.
- Dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate then place on a new baking sheet lined with parchment paper in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
- Serve with lots of soy milk and enjoy.
|Surely, I couldn't stop at just a normal dessert.|
|Waiting for the chocolate to harden might be the toughest part.|
|It's like two desserts in one. But seriously, you'll probably want to dip the whole thing.|
Make sure you have a healthy supply of soy milk to go with these cookies to complete the ultimate in vegany desserts. Now, I need to make sure I still focus on vegan meals for the weekly vegan and don't just feed my love of baking (since I do want to keep this segment somewhat on the healthy side).
|The killer line-up|