Jalapeño Parmesan Sriracha Biscuits
Adapted from All Recipes
Servings: 8-10 biscuits
Time: 30 minutes
|By far the classiest thing we've used our wine glasses for|
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1/4-1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (but you could use cheddar)
1-2 generous squirts of sriracha
|At this point, I was already ridiculously excited.|
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Cut the shortening in until the mix resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the milk gradually until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and a workable dough forms. You can add excess flour 1 tbsp at a time if you overdo it on the milk.
- Stir in the jalapeños, cheese, and Sriracha.
- Knead the dough ~10 times (don't overhandle it) on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll or pat the dough out to about 1/2" to 1" thick. Cut with a large cutter or glass dipped in flour.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 13-15 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Brush with honey butter then let cool.
|Every morning should start like this (and by morning I mean afternoon, because holiday)|
|Delicious BBQ sold separately (courtesy of Smoky Oak Taproom)|