Time: 70 minutes
2 tbsp butter
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup of vodka
2 cans of crushed tomatoes
1-2 tsp dried basil
1-2 tsp dried oregano
Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
Pinch of brown sugar
This is my variation of a vodka sauce minus the heavy cream (and delightful pink color). I find that the cream kills a lot of the flavor and adds a bunch of unnecessary fat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in butter until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the vodka and reduce by about half.
- Mix in the crushed tomato and spices and cook for at least half an hour to let the flavors absorb.
|With a name like that, you just know she's brilliant and can be trusted.|
7 sun-dried tomatoes
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 oz baby bella mushrooms
1 1/2 packages of firm tofu, drained
2 tbsp dry basil
Salt, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper to taste
1 bunch kale, chopped
1 package (1 1/2 cups) shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- While preparing your sauce, get the noodles ready by cooking in boiling water until soft.
- Sauté the garlic and onions in your olive oil until soft.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Crumble in the tofu (be sure to press it tightly to remove excess water first) and spices and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Fold in kale and cook covered for 3 minutes. The kale should now be a darker green and softer.
- Now it's time to assemble the lasagna. Cover the bottom of a lasagna pan (approximately 9"x12") with sauce.
- Make a layer of noodles and top with half of the filling. Cover this in sauce and mozzarella.
- Repeat for the second layer then make one final layer of noodles covered in the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes making sure to turn halfway through.
- Remove the foil and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.