Chili con Kevin
Adapted from All Recipes
Time: 4+ hours (longer the better)
|Sheer laziness almost led me to tell you to figure it out from the pic|
1 lb bulk Italian sausage
3 (15 oz) cans chili beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can chili beans in spicy sauce
2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
Loads of bacon
1/2 cup beer (we used Saint Arnold's Santo)
|Mommy, where does heart disease comes from?|
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp Tabasco
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 (10.5 oz) bag corn chips ala Fritos
Green onions, chopped for garnish
|It almost looks healthy in its infant state.|
- Brown your ground beef and Italian sausage in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Then cook your bacon. Set aside but reserve the grease.
- Sauté the onion in the grease. Stop every 2 minutes to hit your heart with a defibrillator.
- Now add everything to a crock pot on high (yeah I'm not typing all those ingredients again) and let cook for at least 3 hours. Leave it closed to start so everything warms up then have it open to reduce for the last few hours. The longer you let it cook, the tastier it will be.
- Serve in bowls and top with corn chips, cheese and green onions.
- Sincerely regret living in a house filled with guys after a night of eating chili.
|Not so much anymore.|
|Dance, Frito minions! Dance!|