White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Cake
Adapted from All Recipes
Servings: 2 9" cookie cakes
Time: 30 minutes (plus decorating)
1 cup butter, room temp
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup white chocolate morsels
Colorful decorative icing
A picture of the Union Jack
|Prior to fancy decorating, I already considered this cake a victory since I managed to resist the urge to eat all the glorious cookie dough.|
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream the butter and the sugars together until smooth.
- Add in the eggs one at a time until thoroughly incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mix into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
- Distribute evenly between two ungreased 9" round pans and spread until smooth.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Attempt to upstage the people of the Great American Cookie Company with your designs (and turn down any ensuing offers of employment from them that may develop no matter how tempting they sound).
|Between making Union Jack cakes and absent mindendly singing "Rule Britannia" at work, I'm hoping my coworkers start to think I'm a British secret agent.|
|It turns out it was Andy's birthday too! Ever the gracious host, I made him a special cake as well.|
Sadly, the person giggling like a girl is not Claire....