Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Adapted from Eggless Cooking
Servings: 24+ muffins
Time: 45 minutes
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Zest of 6 small lemons
2 cups sugar
2 cups soy milk
2/3 cup canola oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the sugar, soy milk, oil and vinegar together well in a stand mixer.
- Add in the dry ingredients in several increments at low speed until just combined.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Grease muffin tins well and fill each 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes or until the toothpick test comes back clean.
- Let cool in the muffin tins for 5 minutes then move to wire racks.
|The poor one in the middle is the equivalent of a bald muffin. He was teased mercilessly by the other muffins but managed to find a good, loving home in my stomach.|
|The proper blueberry to muffin ratio expertly hand-modeled by Nancy.|