|It's practically telling you to eat it.|
Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwich
Adapted from Food.com
Servings: 12 sandwiches or 24 cookies
Time: 90 minutes (60 of which are just refrigeration)
|I'll find any excuse to buy Ben & Jerry's.|
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp vanilla
2/3-1 tsp almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
1 pint Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio Ice cream
|For once, I had figured out the proper distance between cookies.|
|I now hate them after all the chopping & shelling.|
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment at medium speed.
- Drop in the baking powder and nutmeg and mix well.
- Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract until full incorporated.
- Mix in the flour until just combined.
- Fold in the pistachios using a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate your dough covered for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Drop 1 inch balls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Leave about 2 inches of room between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies start to brown.
- Let the bottoms crisp up on the cookie sheets for 3 minutes then transfer on to wire racks to cool.
- Once cooled, scoop ice cream between two cookies and enjoy.
|A proper pistachio to cookie ratio was reached.|
|Don't let the picture fool you, these were tiny bite-sized (or four bites) snacks that strayed from my usual human head-sized baking tendencies.|