Hatch Pork Chops with Hatch & Avocado Puree
Adapted from Central Market
Time: 60 minutes
|We looked at this pic for 5 minutes to try to remember what we put in the marinade.|
4 Pork Chops (we used pork ribeyes)
Roasted hatch chiles
Red Chili Flakes
5 hatch chiles, roasted, skinned and stemmed
1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
1 tsp honey
Juice of one lime
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
- Mix the hatch chiles, olive oil, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and garlic together in a food processor and blend well.
- Marinade the pork chops in the hatch chile mix for at least half an hour.
- Grill the pork chops for ~8 minutes per side.
- Combine the remaining hatch chiles, avocado, honey, lime juice, vegetable oil, salt and pepper in a blender and puree well.
- Attempt to make a fancy streak of puree on the plate, then give up after realizing the avocado is prohibiting this.
- Lay your grilled pork chops on top of the puree.
- Make sure each bite is complimented by the awesome hatch chile and avocado hybrid.
|It looks like guac, so you know it has to be good.|
|The finished meal. Nancy's green beans rounded things out and kept up the color theme.|
|Good bye, roasted hatch chiles. We'll see you next year (when you can finally use this recipe!).|