|Were you really expecting a pretty picture with a name like that?|
Elvis Presley's Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich
Right off the bat, I was a little concerned that the sandwich wasn't actually deep fried. My lofty expectations of an Elvis Presley creation were smashed. Then, I bit into the sandwich and was pleasantly surprised at how delectable it was. Peanut butter and banana is always a winning combination, but surrounding it with the crunch of our fried toast and that hint of butter really makes you just want to retire to sweat pants (or a nice sparkly jump suit) and call it a night. Along with our Abita Root Beer float, this sandwich gave me heart palpitations which I can only attribute to love, proving that anytime you can take culinary advice from a man who died on the toilet, you just have to.
Servings: 1 or how ever many people you can convince to share a fried sandwich
Time: 10 minutes
2 slices white bread
2 tbsp butter
1 small ripe banana, mashed
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
|The complicated ingredients list. Not pictured: butter.|
|What sandwiches were missing|
- Lightly toast two pieces of white bread.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread the mashed bananas and peanut butter on your toasted bread and close the two pieces together to form a sandwich (are you still with me?). In case you're confused, the gooey stuff goes on the inside.
- Fry the sandwich in the melted butter for about 2 minutes per side.
- Slice in a diagonal and enjoy.
|Enjoy with a nice root beer float. Just try not to be too creeped out by the glances from the Big Boy.|
|My dad takes an artful picture of me eating the sandwich with my iPhone. Parents with technology are just so adorable.|