Making a Red Wedding Cake for my Game of Thrones Premiere Party only seemed natural, but I found myself completely stuck trying to figure out how to honor dragons. Fortunately, my sister, the world's largest Khal Drogo lover, had just the solution I was looking for. I could make Scotch eggs because what's the use of wrapping something in meat if you're not going to fry it too.
|Thanks for the idea, sis. This Mamoa's for you.|
Adapted from All Recipes
Time: 60 minutes
|Lars out-peeled me 2 to 1|
12 Jumbo eggs
3 lbs ground sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
4 cups dried bread crumbs, seasoned
4 eggs, beaten
Oil for frying
Fire sauce (recipe below)
|Teaching moment one: Get your hands covered in raw meat, so I don't have to!|
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Boil the eggs by placing them in a pot and covering with water. Bring to a boil, then cover and remove from heat for 10 minutes.
- Bring the oil to 375 F in a large pot (only fill halfway).
- Let cool and peel the eggs.
- Season the sausage with hot sauce and cajun seasoning (lots of both).
- Wrap the eggs in a layer of sausage. Then dredge them through the eggs and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown (about 3-5 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and let excess oil come off on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove any excess oil and keep warm in the oven at 200 F.
|"Where are my dragons?!!?" (They're in your hands. Chill.)|
Adapted from Olives for Dinner
Previously seen Here
Time: 2 minutes
|Dracarys! Yep, that's exactly what it was like.|
- Mix the mayo and sriracha together in approximately equal proportions (alter to control spice level). Season and stir until smooth.
|These would be worth several armies in Westeros.|
|The dragon eggs look slightly less intimidating when opened, revealing their inner googly eyed nature.|
|The meal was rounded off with Kevin's Rosemary Chicken, Lars' and my Rosemary Potatoes, Megan's Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Laura's Sprinkles Cupcakes.|